Here are the supplies I used:
- Card stock
- Scrapbook paper
- Rubber cement
- Notebook paper
- Plain printer paper
- Sewing machine
Steps to make the journals:
- Cut card stock, paper and scrapbook paper. I re-used some left over card stock and notebook paper from another project at school so they were already cut in half. I just had to cut the 12 x 12 scrapbook paper in half.
2. Next, I used rubber cement to glue the scrapbook paper to the card stock to create the journal covers.
3. Since my scrapbook paper was longer than my card stock I had to trim the covers down to size.
4. I counted out how many sheets I wanted in each journal and placed the stack of paper in the center of the cover.
5. Then I used my sewing machine with a long stitch to sew the paper to the cover.
6. Viola! The finished product!
In all I made almost 40 journals and it took me about 3 hours and $5 to complete. Not too bad!! I can't wait to use these journals with my small groups this fall!